If you’re reading this article, you are probably a fleshlight enthusiast, or at least interested in exploring what fleshlights have to offer.
Whether you’ve already got one or you’re thinking about buying, I’ll give you some must-read guidance based on my own experience with a fleshlight – interested? Keep scrolling!
Some risks come with using your fleshlight, from damaging the material that your sex toy is made of to causing injury to your penis. Because of these risks, you should definitely do some research before beginning your fleshlight masturbation experience.
This will help you to avoid all manner of issues, from micro-tears to the silicone of your pocket pussy to contamination and poor hygiene.
Fleshlights provide a stimulating experience, with intense sensations that you can’t possibly get from manual masturbation. There are tons of internal textures and suction settings to choose from.
You can even buy a fleshlight modeled on the pussy of your favorite porn star, like the Lotus Garden or the Kendra Lust. They allow you to be in control of your own pleasure, and they can be used in both partner and solo play.
Before trying the fleshlight, I was new to sex toys and understandably a bit intimidated. But once I tried using a fleshlight once, I was addicted to the lifelike sensation that the superskin material gives.
A fleshlight has internal ridges which feel amazing, while the suction applies gentle pressure to your penis and guarantees a fast orgasm. Whether you’re an expert or a newbie, if you’re on the fence, I’d say buy one ASAP!
A guide on how to use a Fleshlight sex toy
Now we’ve got the basics out of the way, I’ll take you step-by-step through how to use a fleshlight for the most intense nut of your life. Read on for some advice and common mistakes to avoid, based on my personal experience.
Whatever model sex toy you’ve got, make sure you get the most out of it with my helpful tips. However, if you want to find out which fleshlight textures are best for you, check our comparison table.
Warm up the pocket pussy
For the most lifelike feeling, you want to warm up your fleshlight. Personally, I’d recommend getting it as hot as possible. Even if it feels hotter than a human body, the hotter it is, the more intense it feels. Heat elevates the usual sensations that your pocket pussy provides.
Everyone has their own temperature preference, though, so try out some different heats and see what feels the best for you. There are three main methods you can use to heat your fleshlight sleeve before using it for masturbation :
- Warm water: You can submerge your toy in hot water to heat it, and it’ll be warm right through in about 20-30 minutes. This is the cheapest heating option (although it may affect your utility bill over time). Be careful using a very hot liquid with the Fleshlight SuperSkin, because its delicate texture is easily affected by heat.
- Sleeve warmer: You can buy a sleeve warmer device. It’s pretty easy to use- you just need to plug it in and it heats the fleshlight sleeve from the inside. It doesn’t always heat the entire sleeve, and can’t get the fleshlight as hot as using the warm tap or a heating pad.
- Heated blanket pad: A heating pad is my personal favorite. It costs around $35, but it’s well worth the money. It gets your sleeves warmer than any other method and helps them stay hotter for longer. It’s also less effort than submerging it in liquid for hours on end. With heating pads, you can heat multiple sex toys easily and quickly. A pad is much smaller than a container of hot liquid, meaning it’s more discreet- perfect for privacy.
Use water-based lubes
Once you’ve got your sleeve heated to the temperature you want it, it’s time to lube it up. Many men use body oil, lotion, or even their own spit during manual masturbation, but these aren’t up to the task of helping you to use a fleshlight. You need to use a proper lube, which provides long-lasting moisture and a much better feeling overall.
With your sex toys, you have to use water-based lube. Silicone-based lubes can damage the soft plastic of your sleeve, and you really don’t want to do anything to mess up the realistic skin textures of your fleshlight! There are tons of lubes to choose from online. My personal favorite is Passion Natural lubricant, which you can buy on Amazon here. It’s not too thick or sticky- making it perfect for sleeve use. I’d recommend doing some research and finding a good quality lube that meets your personal preferences.
To glide in as smoothly as possible, be sure to put plenty of lube on both yourself and your pocket pussy before you start. Remember, you don’t want to risk tearing your toy or irritating your penis while masturbating.
Using the Fleshlight
To get in the mood, I usually pour a big glass of red wine and put some of my favorite porn. There’s no one-size-fits-all rule here. Do whatever you need to do to get yourself feeling chilled- whether that means having a beer or jumping in a steaming hot shower.
Next, find a comfortable spot where you won’t be disturbed and sit back. Get ready for a mind-blowing fleshlight masturbation session!
You want to wait until you’re naturally hard to start using your fleshlight device. Don’t force it, as this can cause micro-tears in your pocket pussy and can also hurt your penis. For the most intense impact, it’s best to enter the fleshlight sleeve once you’ve got a boner and put on plenty of non-silicone lube. Keep in mind this advice and your Fleshlight will last long…
Finding your favorite position
Once you’ve got going with your fleshlight, try to move around and find the best pose for you. This will vary depending on what you like and what feels best.
I have a few favorite poses for using my fleshlight. Masturbating on my back lying down allows for easy full penetration and easy control of the toy with my hand. From time to time, I like to have a hands-free session, by propping my fleshlight between my mattress and bed frame and thrusting into it while lying on my stomach.
If you want to use your fleshlight hands-free, you can either buy equipment or use things already lying around your house. I’ve had a lot of luck using towels wedged around my sleeve on the bed to secure it in place. A toy mount (which can be bought pretty cheaply online) makes this whole process a lot more straightforward.
Clean with warm water and dry after use
Even though it’s tempting, I avoid coming inside the sleeve. It makes it much harder to clean and basically invites nasty infections. If you do come inside, though, use cold water to rinse first before starting these steps.
There’s a lot of debate among users about the best way to clean a fleshlight. Here is how I do it, based on the advice of a scientist: How to Dry a Fleshlight?
- Clean with warm water. After I’m done with my toy, I make sure to wash it thoroughly under a lukewarm tap, to remove the residual lubricant and any other buildups.
- Hand-dry. Then, I dry it as best as possible using a towel. I also shake it to remove any drips from the inside.
- Apply Isopropyl alcohol. This is an important step. Applying disinfectant to the sleeve and sleeve case will kill any bacteria left in the toy, preventing infection and keeping your fleshlight fresh. There are different disinfectants you can use, but I’ve found isopropyl alcohol to be the best.
- Invert the back of the sleeve. If possible, I invert the back of the sleeve (you don’t need to turn the whole thing inside out). This allows me to dry the interior areas fully. Be very gentle!
- Fan-dry. Next, I put my fleshlight on some soft cotton fabric- usually a t-shirt, or sometimes a towel. I put it directly in front of a fan on full blast for 1-2 hours. Using a fan is the only way to make sure your sex toys fully dry. Without a fan, it can still be damp after leaving it out overnight. Dampness breeds mold and bacteria, so it’s vital to dry sleeves property to avoid unfortunate hygiene issues.
- Refresh with powder. To keep my collection fresh, I usually put cornstarch around the entrance of the sleeve. Although you can buy sex toy renewing powders online, they are made up of 100% cornstarch anyways, so it’s much cheaper to just pick some up from the grocery store.
Once all the moisture is removed, I re-invert the toy and put it away with the cap slightly unscrewed. I also leave the back-side twisted open a small amount. This allows airflow and oxygen into the fleshlight, preventing anaerobic bacteria from developing. Make sure to store your collection properly- you want to make sure your masturbators are in perfect condition!
New Fleshlight sex toys and how to use them
If you’re interested in expanding your collection, there are a lot of new sex toys out there for you to have fun with. Thanks to the wonder that is the internet, it’s quick and easy to access new erotic toys.
You can have a new addition delivered to your door in a matter of days. You can even buy a fleshlight from one of your favorite porn stars. For me, I use Utopia Riley Reid (my personal all-time favorite).
There are also tons of fleshlight-related products available to elevate your experience. These are some I’ve tried out myself, with varying levels of success…
Fleshlight mounts are attached to your sleeve, meaning that it can be used hands-free for an intensely realistic experience. After you’ve unscrewed the bottom of your fleshlight case, the suction cup mounts on the shower wall, allowing you to thrust into it for a mind-blowing hands-free session.
Nothing but a good review here- using this gave me the most realistic experience I’ve ever had with a fleshlight.
Fleshlight launchpads mean you can mount your fleshlight to your tablet or iPad. It makes watching erotic content a more intense and immersive experience, although the concept of it definitely isn’t for everyone.
It’s also perfect for partner use for anyone in a long-distance relationship.
Virtual Reality Fleshlight
The immersive virtual reality fleshlight allows you to sync up with erotic videos via the downloadable app. You can adjust the speed and intensity of your thrusts using the touch-countrols on the side, matching it up to the content you’re watching.
The VR fleshlight also connects up to games, meaning you can finally have your way with your favorite characters, like Lara Croft and D.va.
There are a few important things to remember when using a fleshlight sleeve for masturbation (alone or with a partner). These tips will help you to get maximum gratification from your pocket pussy, while avoiding the risks associated with sex toy use.
You should heat your sleeve using one of the methods I’ve outlined above. I’d recommend using a heating pad- you can buy one of these easily for around $35 online. Be sure to avoid using silicone lube, because this can damage the delicate SuperSkin textures of your fleshlight toys.
When using the fleshlight, it’s a good idea to experiment with different positions to find out what turns you on. Fleshlights guarantee mind-blowing masturbation experiences- so enjoy!
After your session, make sure to clean your fleshlight thoroughly. It has to be completely dry before you put it away to avoid infection. Use cornflour and store it somewhere with airflow to keep your toy fresh.
Have fun exploring the intense sensations that fleshlights provide. As long as you remember these tips, you can’t go wrong.