If you’re anything like me, you’re familiar with the world of personal masturbators.
I’ve used several different brands since the original Fleshlight was released. I have a good understanding of personal masturbators because I’ve used them a lot over the years during masturbation sessions.
No matter if you’re a novice when it comes to buying products like the Pilot Flight, once you finish this review, you’ll feel confident in knowing whether or not it’s the right fit for you, pun intended.
For this review, I’ve conducted a case study that draws from my personal experiences, Reddit posts and comments, customer reviews, and content from a confidential Facebook group. The Facebook group consists of Fleshlight customers who share their testimonies, experiences, and the occasional dirty meme.
Fleshlight Flight Pilot Texture and Design
The Fleshlight Flight Pilot was released in 2013, almost twenty years after Fleshlight’s first patent filing. Its design was to produce a smaller, lighter, more discreet masturbator than the original Fleshlight Girl model.
The design isn’t as compact as the newest Fleshlight product, the Quickshot, and it’s not as realistic to the touch as the Fleshlight Girl. However, it is 30 dollars cheaper than the famous original model.
The unique texture inside a Fleshlight Flight, along with its bumpy canal and aerodynamic exterior, will blow your mind and make you wonder how they priced it so low. The material inside is softer and more physically stimulating than the standard model. This Fleshlight model’s new packaging and exterior design are discrete.
The internal sleeves of the Fleshlight Flight are made of transparent material. It includes an anatomically incorrect stealth opening that allows you to plunge yourself into the pleasure-filled depths of an exotically textured canal.
The canal itself is lined with dozens of bumps to stimulate intense pleasure and breathtaking sensation. The device’s texture starts with tiny bumps or nodes just past the penetration point and moves on to a narrowing of the canal, then it opens into a larger chamber full of bigger nubs, before giving way to waves of deep ridges.
The Fleshlight Flight Pilot measures 8.86 inches in length, with a minimum diameter of 3.94 inches and a maximum diameter of 7.87 inches.
If you’re unfamiliar with Fleshlight’s many sex toy offerings, know the company carries a wide variety of options to customize your device.
You can choose orifices like vulvas, anuses, and mouths for the openings, or switch up the internal sleeve texture. Unlike other Fleshlights models, the Pilot Flight has only two texture options, and one orifice design.
- Ultra-Compact Size
- The translucent design makes it easy to see when cleaning.
- Stealthy case design.
- 40% cheaper than original Fleshlight models
- “Mini-Destroya” design offers various forms of intense stimulation, based on the original “Stoya-Destroya” sleeve.
- The end of the sleeve can make re-applying lube a bit difficult.
- There are currently only 3 sleeve options to choose from.
- The design might be too narrow for girthier penises.
- The sleeve isn’t long enough to completely swallow longer dicks.
My Personal Experiences
When I opened my new goodie, the first thing I noticed was how different the design was from the Fleshlight Girl model. It didn’t look like any other sex toys I’ve ever seen before. Actually, it looks like the plastic casings to the automatic air fresheners my girlfriend keeps around the house.
Not going to lie, I was impressed with the graceful curve of the plastic casing. It wasn’t heavy or awkward at all. It also gave me a lot of confidence when it came to privacy and stealth. Since I often use toys alongside my girlfriend, who is a bit bashful about these things, the design is nonthreatening, and one she might even admire.
The only complaint I can find is the embossed logo on the side, indicating it’s a part of Fleshlight’s Flight range. It didn’t add anything to my experience and it’s the one feature that mars this otherwise nondescript casing.
Though I had plans I couldn’t put off, I was thrilled to give it a try. Once I did finally try it, I was impressed and happy I’d made the purchase. As someone who is rather experienced in buying and using several types of male masturbator tools, I have to admit it added lots of spice to one of my favorite self-care rituals.
My first impression when using a fleshlight is that it doesn’t feel ultra-realistic, but not in a bad way. It feels amazing but isn’t so overstimulating that I cum as soon as I slip inside. The variety of the Pilot sleeve canal will stimulate even the least sensitive men, and no matter the penis length.
Here are a few useful tips I’ve learned in my personal experience.
- Make sure you use plenty of water-based lubricants.
- Don’t use oil-based lubricants. It will cause degradation of the sleeve material.
- The cap on the rear of the Pilot Flight adjusts the suction effect level. When fully closed, the orifice provides a super tight grip on the penis.
- For beginners, I would recommend starting with a classic handjob stroke, your typical “jacking off” motion, if you will.
- After that, you can try thrusting your dick into it at different angles and speeds.
Cleaning the Fleshlight Pilot
On their site, Fleshlight recommends that you cleanup the removable Fleshlights Flight sleeve with warm water. Never use soap to clean the sleeve/chamber, and always allow ample time to dry before storing it away. For the tougher, stickier messes, they suggest their brand of cleaner called Fleshwash.
Fleshwash is specifically formulated to clean the Fleshlight Flight series chamber. They also offer Renewing Powder to maintain the material’s texture and skin soft feel on the product’s inner sleeve. You shouldn’t use talcum powder or baby powder on your Fleshlights. You can use cornstarch as a cheaper alternative.
The Renewing Powder is a product I use, and swear by, for my own Fleshlight devices of every range. It makes the outer material of the sleeve feel less sticky and tacky after multiple uses and washes. When it gets ultra-sticky like that, it often becomes a magnet for debris, lint, and dirt.
Alternatives to the Fleshlight Flight Series Pilot
Fleshlight offers other masturbation tools if the Fleshlight Pilot just doesn’t sound like the one for you. One of them is in the same Flight range of products. Here are a few other choices with similar features that you might like to try instead.
- Fleshkin Blue Ice
- Flight Aviator
- Turbo Ignition
- Go Surge Travel Masturbator
If you’re looking for another brand altogether, there are plenty of alternatives. Here are a few of my personal favorites.
- Tenga Original Ona Cup
- PDX Elite by Pipedream
- Sasha Grey Realistic Vagina
The Big Picture
Though Fleshlights will prove to be a great choice for many different men, there are some users who will enjoy it more, and some who won’t enjoy it at all.
For me, it has been a great purchase. I recommend this product to almost any guy looking for an affordable pocket pussy of their very own. Even if you find yourself nodding in agreement after reading this review, be sure to finish it so you can judge if using a Flight Pilot is right for your unique needs.
Who It’s For:
- The Fleshlight Flight is the best beginner’s choice with its compact size and sumptuous texture.
- The Fleshlight Flight is ideal for guys looking for a cheaper, more portable alternative to the original model.
- It is a great option for guys with a slimmer and/or smaller penis size.
Who Won’t Like It:
- Not the toy for you if your penis is of a super-sensitive disposition unless you’re okay with finishing fast every time.
- If you want an ultra-realistic feel, this non-anatomical model isn’t the one for you.
- Guys with above-average girth and length might find a lot to be desired in the Flight Pilot.